Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Southern Living magazine, these sound easy.
- 453.59 g hot ground pork sausage
- 22.18 ml grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 283.49 g bagshredded coleslaw mix
- 453.59 g package egg roll wraps
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Sweet-and-Sour Orange Dipping Sauce
- 510.29 g jar orange marmalade
- 118.29 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- Brown sausage in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Drain excess grease, and pat dry with paper towels, if necessary.
- Return sausage to skillet.
- Stir in ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add coleslaw mix and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until coleslaw mix is tender; let stand 30 minutes to cool.
- Spoon 1/4 cup sausage mixture in center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Fold top corner of each wrapper over filling; fold left and right corners over filling.
- Lightly brush remaining corner with water.
- Tightly roll filled end toward remaining corner, and gently press to seal.
- Pour vegetable oil to a depth of 2 inches into a wok or Dutch oven; heat to 375°F
- Fry in batches, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden, turning once; drain on paper towels.
- NOTE: Egg rolls can be assembled up to a day ahead. Place them in a
- single layer on a baking sheet, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and chill.
- Fry according to recipe instructions. Do not fry ahead of time.