Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Easy Egg Rolls With Sweet and Sour Orange Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground hot pork sausage
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) bagshredded coleslaw mix
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg roll wraps
- vegetable oil
Sweet and Sour Orange Dipping Sauce
- 1 (18 ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Make the sauce: bring all sauce ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook 2-3 minutes or until marmalade melts; remove from heat and let stand for 30 minutes; serve at room temperature.
- Make the egg rolls: Brown sausage in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; drain well.
- Return sausage to skillet; stir in ginger and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add in coleslaw mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until coleslaw mix is tender; let stand 30 minutes to cool.
- Spoon ¼ cup sausage mixture in center of each egg roll wraper.
- Fold top corner of each wrapper over filling; fold left and right corners over filling.
- Lightly brush remaining corner with water; tightly roll filling end toward remaining corner, and gently press to seal.
- Pour vegetable oil to a depth of 2 inches into a wok or Dutch oven; heat to 375°.
- Fry in batches, 2-3 minutes or until golden, turning once; drain on paper towels.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
I thought the filling was easy to make and I added green onions and shrimp, leaving out the the pork for health reasons. My pantry doesn't stock fresh ginger, so powdered was used. I also enjoyed the sauce and that was super-quick to make! I'll be making these again!
What I like about this Recipe . is the orange dipping sauce .