Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very delicious and simple recipe for making a basic pork egg roll. No food processor needed! Recipe can be easily modified to use your favorite meat and veggies.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Sauté garlic and onions until tender.
- Add pork and sauté until browned.
- Add coleslaw blend and stir-fry on high heat about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add seasonings, and salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble, place 2 tbs filling near corner towards you. Then fold over left and right sides. Dampen edges of the corner that is away from you, and finish rolling.
- Deep fry at 350°F (or just use a fry daddy), until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and enjoy!
- These can also be frozen and fried later. Some people like a dipping sauce for egg rolls. But these are so tasty, they really don't need one.
I love this recipe and have been making these for a couple of years. An easy variation I have come up with is to use a purchased, fully cooked rotisserie chicken, shred then toss it in teryaki and garlic- then add the bagged coleslaw mix and fold into wrappers. Delicious and time saving :)
You are right, these are easy! This was my first time making Asian food of any kind and they came out great. I didn't use pork and just made mine spring rolls, however instead of vegetable oil I used bacon grease to give that pork flavor. Delicious! I am glad I did. Also, I didn't use the coleslaw blend because I had a ton of cabbage that needed to be used up so I just used shredded cabbage. I served with a little soy sauce for dipping, but once again you are right they don't really need a dipping sauce. I fried up the 6 I used right away in peanut oil in a saucepan and it worked beautifully. The rest are in the freezer waiting to be enjoyed. Thank you so much for the recipe!
These were fantastic! I made these to go with General Tso's chicken so I left out the pork but I only got 7 egg rolls out of the rest of the mix! Which was fine, b/c then I made some cream cheese wontons with the extra egg roll wrappers! I used fresh ginger instead of powdered and it added a delicious zing. I'll for sure be making these often! I think I'll even be daring and try a dessert egg roll with nutella and strawberries!!! Thanks so much!!!