Recipe by LadyMysT
Very delicious and simple recipe for making a basic pork egg roll. No food processor needed! Recipe can be easily modified to use your favorite meat and veggies.
Top Review by ktwilli
I love this recipe and have been making these for a couple of years. An easy variation I have come up with is to use a purchased, fully cooked rotisserie chicken, shred then toss it in teryaki and garlic- then add the bagged coleslaw mix and fold into wrappers. Delicious and time saving :)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground lean pork
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 5 cups cabbage coleslaw blend
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- pepper (I used a lot)
- 15 egg roll wraps
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Sauté garlic and onions until tender.
- Add pork and sauté until browned.
- Add coleslaw blend and stir-fry on high heat about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add seasonings, and salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble, place 2 tbs filling near corner towards you. Then fold over left and right sides. Dampen edges of the corner that is away from you, and finish rolling.
- Deep fry at 350°F (or just use a fry daddy), until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and enjoy!
- These can also be frozen and fried later. Some people like a dipping sauce for egg rolls. But these are so tasty, they really don't need one.