Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Easy Egg Muffin Melts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 English muffins, split
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices deli ham or 4 slices turkey
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese
- paprika (to garnish)
- Toast English muffins until golden brown.
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Beat the eggs with the milk and salt, then pour into the skillet and cook, stirring, until softly scrambled. Remove from heat.
- Place a slice of ham or turkey on each English muffin half. Top with scrambled eggs -- dividing equally among the four halves. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, then dust lightly with paprika.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and place under the broiler for just a minute or two -- until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve immediately.
We really loved this muffin melt. I used the deli ham and cheddar cheese on whole wheat English muffins. Made for Spring 2012 My 3 Chefs.