1/3 Photos of Easy Egg-Less Vegan/ Vegetarian Sponge Cake
1 hr 10 mins
For all those vegetarians and vegans who enjoy a soft and spongy cake just as much as the rest of the folks this is the answer to their prayers!!@@!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11.Combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Sieve and keep aside.
- 22. In a blender combine well the pureed apple, vegetable oil and the powdered sugar.
- 33. Add the essence at this stage and mix briefly. You may also use plain vanilla instead of the rose I used.
- 44. Add the four and the milk alternatively and blend briefly, just enough to fluff the mixture.
- 55.Grease a standard round/ square baking pan. I used 2 ceramic bowls and a cup cake tray. Bake for 25- 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.
- 7a. Puree the apples just before you start mixing. Else it turns brown. You may try using store bought apple sauce, but then you might want to cut down on the sugar so it is not too sweet. Let me know how it turns out:-).
- 8b. 1 Golden delicious apple substitutes 2 egg whites.
- 9Celsius To know if the cake is done insert a tooth pick and it should come clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Egg-Less Vegan/ Vegetarian Sponge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.0
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 994.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: