Recipe by *Bellinda*
This is one of the simplest soups there is. But it is so comforting. I like that this one doesn't taste as thick and slimey. Why order from a Chinese Restaurant when you can do it quicker and better at home?
Top Review by mersaydees
This is sooo easy and satisfying! I made as directed, making one serving out of a third of the recipe. Instead of canned chicken noodle soup, I'm thinking this will be my under-the-weather-pick-me-up soup; I'll just add some Ramen noodles at the beginning. Thanks, *Bellinda*! Made for Veggie Recipe Swap.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon scallion, finely sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth and ginger to a boil.
- Whisk in beaten eggs. Cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add scallions, stir.
- Serve steaming hot.
- You could add soy sauce to taste at the table.
- You could add finely sliced celery and grated carrots just before the eggs.That way you get some veggies inches Good idea with picky children.