Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and yummy. Perfect for sick tummies.
- 14 ounces chicken broth, 1 can
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- salt (optional) or onion salt (optional)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Heat broth in saucepan to boiling.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs well. You can add the cornstarch to help keep the eggs in larger lumps in the soup.
- Remove pan from heat once broth is boiling.
- GENTLY stir in eggs. The more you stir the smaller the egg 'drops' will be.
- Taste. Add salt if desired. Onion salt is really yummy here!
- Garnish with chopped green onion.
- NOTE: for sick tummies try adding a little lemon juice and leave out the salt and onion. This was the ONLY thing my Daddy could eat when going through chemo.
This is the way I make my egg drop soup. I was happy to see it posted so that I could comment on how easy and yummy this soup is. The only thing I will mention is to use a good quality broth such as Swansons. I have used off brand broth before and it just isn't the same. I also add my green onions to the soup as it is heating up because I like them just a little cooked and omit the salt. So yummy and easy! I highly recommend this recipe to anyone wanting to try egg drop soup!
LOVED it! I added the ginger as another recommeded, and served it with Easy cheese scones - in a hurry to my little sickies at home. Very soothing!
Here's my take on the soup: I used some vegetable oil and sauteed chopped garlic, added 2 vegetable bouillon cubes, 3 cups water, and used 3 eggs. I thought the garlic gave the soup an extra kick. It was super easy to throw together and I'd make this again, perhaps even adding some chopped white button mushrooms for extra flavor and texture.