Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Easy and yummy. Perfect for sick tummies.
Top Review by ~Lynn~
This is the way I make my egg drop soup. I was happy to see it posted so that I could comment on how easy and yummy this soup is. The only thing I will mention is to use a good quality broth such as Swansons. I have used off brand broth before and it just isn't the same. I also add my green onions to the soup as it is heating up because I like them just a little cooked and omit the salt. So yummy and easy! I highly recommend this recipe to anyone wanting to try egg drop soup!
- 14 ounces chicken broth, 1 can
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- salt (optional) or onion salt (optional)
- 1 green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broth in saucepan to boiling.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs well. You can add the cornstarch to help keep the eggs in larger lumps in the soup.
- Remove pan from heat once broth is boiling.
- GENTLY stir in eggs. The more you stir the smaller the egg 'drops' will be.
- Taste. Add salt if desired. Onion salt is really yummy here!
- Garnish with chopped green onion.
- NOTE: for sick tummies try adding a little lemon juice and leave out the salt and onion. This was the ONLY thing my Daddy could eat when going through chemo.