Recipe by blucoat
This recipe takes less than 5 minutes to put together and is a lovely bright green colour and a great alternative to traditional hummus. From the Food Network show, "Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger".
- 2 cups shelled edamame, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup silken tofu, briefly drained of excess liquid
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus more
- salt, to taste
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, plus more
- lemon juice, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin, plus more
- cumin, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Set 1 tablespoon of edamame aside for a garnish. Place the rest of the edamame, tofu, salt, garlic, oil, lemon juice, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin in the bowl of a food processor and process until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, plus more lemon juice, if desired. Remove to a serving bowl and garnish with reserved edamame, and some cumin.