Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick and easy dish for breakfast or lunch. You can leave out the cheese and eat a couple of slices of queso fresco on the side. Serve with Aji. (Check out Aji (Ecuadorean Hot Sauce) for some great aji!)
- 1 (14 ounce) can yellow hominy or 1 (14 ounce) can white hominy
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 small onion, diced fine
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 3⁄4 cup Fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 achiote, seed
- Rinse hominy & drain.
- Heat skillet on med-high heat. Add oil & achiote seed. When oil colors, removed and discard achiote seed.
- Combine all ingredients and pour into skillet.
- Stir occasionally and cook until eggs are done.
- This can be served with salsa on top. I like to serve this with sliced tomatoes on the side.