Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
These were brought into my work recently to celebrate a co-worker's birthday. Absolutely incredible! The baker was hunted down and made to hand out the recipe. ;) It came from her Pampered Chef cookbook, and the pan she used was one of their 'bar pans'. I'm sure a 13X.. or 15X.. could be substituted, but the baking time should probably be adjusted.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- For Base& Topping: Combine cake mix and butter, and blend thoroughly.
- Add pecans and mix well.
- Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of pan.
- Roll lightly with glass or pin to smooth out.
- For Filling: Combine pudding mix and sweetened condensed milk, mixing until smooth.
- Add lemon zest and juice to pudding mixture; mix well.
- Pour filling over base and spread gently across.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- For Glaze: Juice lemon to yield 3-5 teaspoons of juice.
- Combine powdered sugar and juice; drizzle over warm bars.
- Cool an additional 20 minutes.
- Cut into bars and serve.
I made these for my brothers birthday party, and he loved them!! He's a lemon lover, and I actually increased the lemon flavoring in the recipe.. They were so tangy and wonderful!This recipe is definitely a keeper!The icing definitely adds some zing to the bars. Great recipe!
Thanks for sharing this great recipe S'kat! I happened to have the Pampered Chef bar pan so followed instructions to a "T" and the bars came out perfect! Very, very quick and easy to put together and delicious result!! I especially enjoyed the flavor and texture of the nuts in this recipe. Just a note...Unless the prep time includes cooling time, it really only took me about 10 to 15 minutes to put this together. Thanks for posting this keeper! :)
These are a winner! My family raved about these. I did not change a thing.