Recipe by s'kat
These were brought into my work recently to celebrate a co-worker's birthday. Absolutely incredible! The baker was hunted down and made to hand out the recipe. ;) It came from her Pampered Chef cookbook, and the pan she used was one of their 'bar pans'. I'm sure a 13X.. or 15X.. could be substituted, but the baking time should probably be adjusted.
Top Review by Jen S
I made these for my brothers birthday party, and he loved them!! He's a lemon lover, and I actually increased the lemon flavoring in the recipe.. They were so tangy and wonderful!This recipe is definitely a keeper!The icing definitely adds some zing to the bars. Great recipe!
Base and Topping
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon pudding mix (cook-type)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- For Base& Topping: Combine cake mix and butter, and blend thoroughly.
- Add pecans and mix well.
- Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of pan.
- Roll lightly with glass or pin to smooth out.
- For Filling: Combine pudding mix and sweetened condensed milk, mixing until smooth.
- Add lemon zest and juice to pudding mixture; mix well.
- Pour filling over base and spread gently across.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- For Glaze: Juice lemon to yield 3-5 teaspoons of juice.
- Combine powdered sugar and juice; drizzle over warm bars.
- Cool an additional 20 minutes.
- Cut into bars and serve.