Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
It is simple and sweet. The original directions, which call for baking in a tube pan and pouring hot syrup over the cake in the pan, work. We also tried it in a Bundt pan, with the hot syrup drizzled over the cake after removing from the pan. That worked equally well.
- 1 box Duncan Hines butter cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup cream sherry
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons water
- Place all cake ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix on slow speed with electric mixer for 1 minute, then on medium speed for 3 minutes or until well-mixed.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube pan (or Bundt pan).
- Bake at 325ºF for 1 hour.
- (Test to see if done with a toothpick.).
- Boil dressing ingredients 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour over hot cake while still in pan.
- Let cool completely in pan before turning out.
Great recipe. I cooked this in a sheet cake pan and poured the syrup over the cake as soon as it came out of the oven. Really great moist cake. Did have to adjust the cook time due to cooking it in the sheet cake form. I cooked it for approx. 30 minutes. Love the taste of the cream sherry!!!!!