Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are quick and delicious.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup chopped up green onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese (any)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut shortening in using a pastry blender or two knives.
- Add all of the milk Put on floured surface and knead 8-10 times.
- Roll out to about 3/4 inch thickness.
- Cut into biscuit shape and bake on ungreased sheet for 12 to 15 minutes.
I can't really rate it, because I confess I was looking for a fast, easy but plain biscuit for a breakfast dish (recipe #86656)and left out the cheese because I quickly printed out the recipe before reading this. I know I hurried too much in my selection of this recipe, but it would have been nice to see cheese in the title or description at the head of the recipe. However, I have a few comments to make about the biscuits otherwise. The green onions were a great addition. The recipe was simple, EXCEPT for leaving out when/how to add the shortening (I blended it like pie crust before adding milk). They really were otherwise easy to make and tasty. I'll make them again, and add the cheese, which I'm sure will also be very good. I'll come back and rate with stars when I've tried them with cheese.
Man these were some of the best biscuits i ever ate. This will be added to my list of favorites for sure.
It's quite easy.Just need to mix all dry ingredients togther.I used cheddar cheese.it's very tasty.