Recipe by Baby Kato
I will always cherish Grandma's recipes. I hope that you will enjoy this one. It's quick, easy and really smells great. Grandma would put it on and we would go out back into the garden and play and learn about herbs. Great memories.
Top Review by mersaydees
Very delicious and comforting beef stew. I added an additional 15 ounce can of tomato sauce before adding veggies as my beef was quite dry after the first two hours. The extra sauce and some additional water seemed to do the trick! Thanks, Baby Kato! Made for Aussie New Zealand Recipe Swap.
- 680.38 g beef, stewing
- 283.49 g mushroom soup, can
- 198.44 g tomato sauce
- 2 onions, medium, coarsely chopped
- 283.49 g water
- 236.59 ml celery, coarsely chopped
- 118.29 ml turnip, coarsely chopped
- 236.59 ml carrot, coarsely chopped
- 118.29 ml parsnip, coarsely chopped
- 59.14 ml mushroom, wild, halved
- 118.29 ml potato, coarsely chopped
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml pepper, black, fresh ground
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.59 ml thyme
- 28.39 ml parsley, chopped (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the uncooked meat, soups, water and tomato sauce in pot.
- Place pot in oven, uncovered and cook for 2 hours, at 325°F.
- Now add all your vegetables and seasonings, cover pot and cook for an additional hour or until the vegetables are tender.
- We hope you will enjoy this simple dish.