Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I will always cherish Grandma's recipes. I hope that you will enjoy this one. It's quick, easy and really smells great. Grandma would put it on and we would go out back into the garden and play and learn about herbs. Great memories.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, stewing
- 10 ounces mushroom soup, can
- 7 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 onions, medium, coarsely chopped
- 10 ounces water
- 1 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup turnip, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsnip, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, wild, halved
- 1⁄2 cup potato, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper, black, fresh ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 cup parsley, chopped (garnish)
- Combine the uncooked meat, soups, water and tomato sauce in pot.
- Place pot in oven, uncovered and cook for 2 hours, at 325°F.
- Now add all your vegetables and seasonings, cover pot and cook for an additional hour or until the vegetables are tender.
- We hope you will enjoy this simple dish.
Very delicious and comforting beef stew. I added an additional 15 ounce can of tomato sauce before adding veggies as my beef was quite dry after the first two hours. The extra sauce and some additional water seemed to do the trick! Thanks, Baby Kato! Made for Aussie New Zealand Recipe Swap.
This was a very fast stew to put together. I doubled up on the veggies I liked and left out the turnip. Thanks for the recipe.
I have to agree this is the easiest stew I have ever made! A wonderfully delicious stew. The aroma alone is worth a five! Other then using regular mushrooms made as posted. The combination of vegetables, seasonings along with the soup and tomato sauce gave this an absolutely unique taste - just like one expects from a 'grandma' recipe! Thank you for sharing your grandma's recipe. it's so a repeatable.