I will always cherish Grandma's recipes. I hope that you will enjoy this one. It's quick, easy and really smells great. Grandma would put it on and we would go out back into the garden and play and learn about herbs. Great memories.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, stewing
- 10 ounces mushroom soup, can
- 7 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 onions, medium, coarsely chopped
- 10 ounces water
- 1 cup celery, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup turnip, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsnip, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, wild, halved
- 1⁄2 cup potato, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper, black, fresh ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 cup parsley, chopped (garnish)
- Combine the uncooked meat, soups, water and tomato sauce in pot.
- Place pot in oven, uncovered and cook for 2 hours, at 325°F.
- Now add all your vegetables and seasonings, cover pot and cook for an additional hour or until the vegetables are tender.
- We hope you will enjoy this simple dish.