Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is so easy to toss together! It's also very easy to adjust to your own tastes...we like to add chopped jalapeno and garlic when making the meatballs. This is another one of those...dinners in 30 minutes that I like so well on a work night.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 12 ounces spinach (fresh)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- chopped cilantro (to garnish)
- 1 jalapeno, chopped very fine (optional)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (optional)
- Mix seasonings and onion and jalapeno (optional but perfect spiciness)with ground beef.
- Form into meatballs (approx 1 inch) around sliced of hard boiled egg and place into a large soup kettle.
- Fry until ground beef is just about done.
- Add everything except corn and spinach.
- Simmer until carrot is soft.
- Add corn and spinach.
- Heat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle cilantro once soup has been served.