Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 (18 ounce) packages refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (16 ounce) container vanilla frosting
- food coloring
- decorative candies
- Bake cookies according to directions.
- While cookies are cooling divide the frosting into 4 (or more) small bowls. Put one or two drops of food coloring in each bowl and stir until color is uniform. I use yellow, red, blue and green food coloring. You can make a purple by putting one drop of red and one drop of blue food coloring into frosting.
- When cookies are completely cool frost cookies. Top with decorative candies. Allow cookies to "dry" so the frosting doesnt stick to everything.
I agree, super easy cookies, tasty and a crowd pleaser without all the work!! Thank you for posting this time saver, Nyte!! LOVE the helpful recipes!! Keep them coming!! **Made for October Beverage Tag 2007**
Super easy recipe for decorated cookies. I've never used canned frosting to decorate cookies and it was a breeze. I made Philadelphia Phillies cookies (to celebrate their recent win) by making a Phillies logo on the printer and then cutting it out. I laid it over the frosting and sprinkled with red sugar crystals.