1/3 Photos of Easy Dutch Apple Pie
The first apple pie I ever made; easy and simple directions. And real apples, no canned apple pie filling! I made this for dessert when company was over and I figured if I screwed up, I could always pass it off as apple cobbler with ice cream served over it, but it came out great, looked and tasted like a real apple pie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, brown sugar, butter/margarine and oats; set aside 1 cup for the topping.
- 2Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9 inch pie plate; set aside.
- 3For the pie filling: combine sugar, cornstarch and water in a saucepan until smooth, bring to a boil.
- 4Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in apples and vanilla.
- 6Pour filling mixture into crust and top with the 1 cup crumb mixture.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Dutch Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.2
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 216.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 64.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g