Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy to make and so delicious. Very little clean up. You can use any pie filling or any cake mix, so you can have a different cake anytime you make it.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling or 1 (21 ounce) can lemon pie filling, etc
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, in its own juice
- 1 (18 ounce) yellow cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) white cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) chocolate cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) lemon cake mix, etc
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Dump all ingredients, in layers, in order as given, into a 9 X 13 inch baking pan. Do not mix anything.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes at 350 degrees. If chopped nuts have a tendency to brown too soon, cover baking pan with foil after 40 minutes.
Just made this today, and my hubby was practically kissing my feet! SO DELICIOUS!!! I even omitted the coconut and nuts, but it was still to-die-for yummy. Couldn't be easier to make, either. A solid five stars.
This is excellent, especially warm. Easy to make. It lost a star because a lot of the cake mix wasn't being baked (it was just staying the dry mix), so I ended up having to pour a little water over the dry spots so it would bake, but that worked like a charm and 4 people ate a half a pan in one night!
Have not tried it, but it sounds wonderful and oh so easy. Will be sure to try it soon.