Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy, simple do ahead cake. Top with ice cream or whip cream and dessert is done.
- 1 can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 package yellow cake mix or 1 package white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Grease a large oblong pan (9" X 13").
- Pour and spread pineapple into pan.
- Spoon pie filling over pineapple.
- Sprinkle cake mix over fruit.
- Sprinkle nuts over mix.
- Pour butter evenly over cake.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Oh wow, this was my first "dump cake". I didn't think it would taste as good as it did! I had to use an extra 1/4 C of butter but it was SO delicious!
As I remember from my childhood memories. Made without nuts, just due to personal preference, and although it was YUMMY, I did have to use more butter than listed to fully cover cake mix, thus the calories and such I am sure went up. Thanks 4 the tasty post
This was so good! It's definitely the best dump cake recipe I've used (although I did add an extra 1/4 cup of butter). Love the nuts!