1/1 Photo of Easy Dreamy Strawberry Cream Cake
This is a beautiful cake to behold! And so easy with a prepared white cake. The frosting is absolutely divine. A wonderful spring or summertime dessert; make this cake at the peak of the season when strawberries are at their reddest and sweetest...enjoy! P.S. Great served with a scoop of strawberry ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 (9 inch) round layers prepared white cake
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup confectioner's powdered sugar, sifted to remove any lumps
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (or one vanilla bean, seeded and scraped)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
- fresh mint sprig, optional to garnish
- strawberry ice cream, to serve
- 1In a medium bowl, combine strawberries with the sugar and kirsch; set aside for about 30 minutes at room temperature. Reserve several of the most attractive strawberry slices for decorating the top of the cake.
- 2To make frosting/ filling:.
- 3On medium-high speed of mixer, whip the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- 4Reduce to medium speed and beat in the cream until starting to thicken, then increase speed to high and beat until soft peaks form, about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Do not over mix.
- 5Assemble the cake:.
- 6Fill one cake layer with half of the strawberries, arranged in an attractive pattern. Carefully spread 1/2 of the frosting over the strawberries, to within 1/2 inch of sides.
- 7Place second cake layer on top of first layer and press gently. Repeat with strawberries and frosting; decorate top of cake with the reserved strawberries.
- 8Decorate top with a fresh mint sprig, as desired.
- 9Slice into wedges and serve with a scoop of strawberry ice cream.
- 10Refrigerate any leftovers. Cake is best served the same day.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Dreamy Strawberry Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (414 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1184.8
- Calories from Fat 495
- Total Fat 55.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 89.5 mg
- Sodium 902.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 161.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 103.2 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: