Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like the recipe because you don't have to go to the local donut store, you can do this in your home with what you have normally in your fridge. This came from my family, aunts, cousins etc. Only thing is you don't really want to save them, you should eat them when they are fresh.
- 1 (12 count) package refrigerated biscuits (the ones that pop when you open them Make sure they have no butter or any flavors, The cheaper the b)
- powdered sugar (just enough to cover the donuts)
- vegetable oil
- Open the package of biscuits and spread out on a cutting board or on wax paper.
- Using your soda lid cut out the center of the biscuits.
- Put them into the deep fryer.
- Fry until a light golden brown.
- Place them on a plate with the powdered sugar, make sure they are covered with the powdered sugar (can also use frosting, sprinkles or regular sugar for flavoring and decoration).
- Other options are:.
- You can leave the biscuits without the holes and fry them that way, then fill them with a pudding after they are done frying with a cake froster.
- (Never have tried them this way, but it should be fine).
- VERY IMORTANT TO WATCH THE FOOD AS YOU FRY, YOU WILL HAVE TO FLIP THE DONUTS AND THE DONUT HOLES.
Paula Deen had an idea like this on her show awhile back. She made the Fried Biscuits whole, then filled them with honey butter she had filled a ketchup bottle with. YUM. Good stuff, great idea!
10 Stars ! My mom made these for us as kids! I make them once or twice a year for my girls ! YUMMO ! We like them w/ powdered sugar ! Going to try the pudding idea !
Cathlene, I tryed this recipe and it was great!! My husband and friends loved it!! I made glazed and powered donuts it was great.