Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are cookies shaped in a small log and dipped in chocolate then nuts on both ends..they are SO easy to make and absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD! You can just dip one end of the cookie in chocolate and nuts if desired, you will only need 1 cup of chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon shortening for only one side. If you are using salted butter, then omit the pinch of salt. These are a must for your holiday baking tray, you will love these, I promise! Cooking time is only estimated depending on the size of logs.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (no subs! or use salted butter, omitting the pinch of salt)
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Crisco shortening
- 1 3⁄4 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- Set oven to 325°.
- Lightly grease cookie/baking sheets.
- In a bowl cream butter, vanilla and icing sugar for about 5 minutes until very fluffy (beat no less than 5 minutes!).
- Mix in flour and pinch of salt (if you are using salted butter, omit salt) mix till combined.
- Stir in 1 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Gather up about 1-1/2 tablespoons dough and shape into about 2 x 1/2-inch logs (or you can make them into larger size if desired).
- Place on cookie sheets about 1-1/2-inches apart.
- Bake for about 10-14 minutes or until the logs are firm.
- Let cookies cool COMPLETELY in the pan before removing them to a rack (they will break if moved when warm!).
- In a microwave or a double boiler melt the remaining 2 cups mini chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons Crisco shortening until smooth.
- Dip one end in the chocolate then into the chopped nuts.
- Holding the cookie in the middle, repeat with the other end of the cookie.
- Place on waxed paper to set.
Made these to put on the dainty tray for Christmas.Had to get them into the freezer before I ate many more. These are fantastic. Easy to make,look great and melt in your mouth goodness. I got 38 logs.Recipe already in my favorites binder. another winner Kittencal
These are part of my Christmas Baking. Easy, delicious, melt in your mouth goodness. They will be inhaled by my gang. Thank you for the posting.