Recipe by ElaineAnn
A great light dessert, and easy to tote to a potluck.
Top Review by stamp
My family and I loved the not too sweet taste, and the cheesecake texture. The crust was like a soft cookie. I didn't have cool whip, but it was great without it. Thanks for the recipe. I plan to make this again.
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside 1 cup of cake mix.
- Mix remaining cake mix with oil and 1 egg. Mixture will be crumbly. Press mixture into bottom of a greased 9 X 13" pan.
- Blend softened cream cheese and sugar together. Add 3 eggs and the reserved cup of cake mix. Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Slowly add milk and vanilla, blending at low speed. Mixture will be thin.
- Pour mixture over crust and bake at 300° for 55 to 65 minutes or until center is firm.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Cover with Cool Whip and chill at least 1 hour before serving.