Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A great light dessert, and easy to tote to a potluck.
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- Set aside 1 cup of cake mix.
- Mix remaining cake mix with oil and 1 egg. Mixture will be crumbly. Press mixture into bottom of a greased 9 X 13" pan.
- Blend softened cream cheese and sugar together. Add 3 eggs and the reserved cup of cake mix. Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Slowly add milk and vanilla, blending at low speed. Mixture will be thin.
- Pour mixture over crust and bake at 300° for 55 to 65 minutes or until center is firm.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Cover with Cool Whip and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
My family and I loved the not too sweet taste, and the cheesecake texture. The crust was like a soft cookie. I didn't have cool whip, but it was great without it. Thanks for the recipe. I plan to make this again.
When still warm it was quite good, but bottom hardened too much after cooled. Sorry, but we didn't like it as much as we thought we would...
I made this for an appetizer party that I had at my house tonight. I am trying to watch my sugar intake so my husband is really the rater on this dessert and he liked it, thus the 4 star rating. Thanks, ElaineAnn! I always enjoy making and trying new desserts.