Recipe by Shanlynn
This is a fantastic and easy recipe. It calls for day old large cinnamon rolls, and you can either bake them yourself, or buy them from a bakery.
- 6 large day old cinnamon rolls
- 3 cups vitamin d whole chocolate milk (not skim or low fat)
- 3 large eggs
- chocolate chips (optional)
- pecans (optional)
- chocolate fudge topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs and chocolate milk together. Slice cinnamon rolls in half so there's a top and a bottom. If they fall apart, that's ok.
- Place cinnamon roll bottoms in a lightly buttered 9 x 13 pan. Pour half the milk mixture over the rolls and smoosh them down a little. If you are using chocolate chips, pecans, or any other type of extra, sprinkle a little on the rolls.
- Place the tops on the rolls, then pour the remaining milk mixture over that, and smoosh it down again, making sure the cinnamon roll tops get down in the milk.
- Cover with Saran wrap and refrigerate over night.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- During the last 10 minutes of baking time, you can add additional chocolate chips and pecans if you'd like.
- Pour Hot Fudge sauce over bread pudding. You'll need to warm the sauce a bit in order to do this.
- We like using Gherardelli's 60% chocolate chips for a not quite "dark chocolate" taste. It cuts some of the sweetness from the Hot Fudge sauce, too.
- You can also mix in chopped up Maraschino cherries with the milk and eggs if you prefer that instead of pecans. We've also tried coconut, raisins, and a variety of other "add ins" on different occasions. We like the pecans and chips the best, and it is SO good!