Recipe by tuttifrutti
Easy and fast donut recipe
Top Review by 498291
Super Easy and tasty! I used regular (non-buttermilk) store brand biscuits, and they taste a bit like elephant ears, but they are still really good...I'm not sure if buttermilk biscuits might taste a bit more like donuts. I made 12 donuts plus donut holes for .51 plus the cost of the oil (which really is minute b/c I already had it on hand, and it can be re-used several times for frying.) Thanks for a great, easy recipe!
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut or tear each biscuit in half.
- Roll in palm of hand to finger shape.
- Stretch and join ends together.
- Drop in hot lard at 350 degrees.
- Brown on both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Drop in paper sack with mixture of sugar and cinnamon.
- Shake until coated.