Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A crock pot favorite! :)
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced mushrooms, , drained
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 6 ounces spaghetti, broken into 4 to 5 inch pieces
- Brown ground chuck in skillet, drain and put in crockpot.
- Add all remaining ingredients except dry spaghetti; stir well.
- Cover; cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (high 3-5 hours).
- Turn to high last hour and stir in dry spaghetti.
- Makes 4 servings.
This recipe is pretty good. I made a few changes. Due to the length of my work day it was in the crock pot for a total of 11 hours. I used 5 cups of tomato sauce and 2 cups of water. I shook some extra parsley in and used ground turkey. I used 16oz of pasta. It made enough for dinner plus a dinner to freeze for later. I think it needs more Italian herbs. Still it was easy, low maintanence. Definitely will be made again. Thanks!