Recipe by chef blade
This is not an age-old true "Cajun" version, but looks as good as it tastes. If the chili powder you're using does not contain salt, you may need to add a touch.
- 4 cups cooked rice (cold)
- 8 ounces andouille sausages or 8 ounces kielbasa (chopped)
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley (or 1/2 cup, fresh)
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- in large, cast iron skillet, cook bacon in the oil till crisp.
- remove, dice.
- return bacon to skillet along with carrots and sausage.
- stir until carrots begin to soften and sausage browns.
- add rice, one cup at time, along with rest of ingredients.
- constantly toss rice and scrape skillet with flat spatula until all is hot.