Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a easy pot pit my grandma use to make and it has passed through the generations. Only 3 ingredients HELLO, Its So yummy! I looked through all the pot pie recipes on here and could not find one like it so i'm gonna share it with you. Hope You Like!!!
- 1 (24 ounce) candinty moore beef stew (or any brand that you like)
- 2 frozen pie crusts, regular not deep dish
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, Shredded
- Pre-bake one crust @ 350 degrees for 8-10 minute Remember to poke holes in the dough with a fork a few times to prevent bubbles.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese in bottom of crust.
- Pour the can of Stew over the cheese and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top of the stew.
- Flip the other pie crust over on top of the pie, press edges together and fork some more holes in it for steam. It helps if you remove the crust from the pan when its still well frozen, otherwise it may stick to the pan.
- Bake another 30 minutes or more until the crust is golden brown @375 degrees.
I have to say when I first saw this recipe I was a little skeptical on trying it because its 3 years old ...boy I'm glad I did! This is sooooo unbelievable super easy. I ended up making two and probably had enough left over to make three. I had the large can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew and I always have to add my own touches to satisfy my tasting. I didn't think I would like it in a single crust but I do!! I did change the mozzarella cheese to sharp which gave it a delicious flavor. I also add a beef pack of flavor booster mixed with 1 cup of water (only used half) because I was afride it'll be a little. I also added grd.blk. pepper, garlic and onion powder, and prime steak seasoning. I had this with a side of white steamed rice. Yummy- Yum-Yum