Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Recipe source: local newspaper
Make and share this Easy Dinner Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl mix together first 7 ingredients (oil - eggs).
- Stir in flour one cup at a time until a soft dough is reached.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator two hours before using (dough may be made ahead up to five days before using).
- Form dough into 2-inch balls and place in a large greased cake pan one inch apart. Cover with plastic wrap and/or a damp cloth. Let rise until double (30 minutes - 1 hour).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake rolls for 20 minutes or until golden.
These are to die for. What a great light fluffy texture and I love the wheat germ. It adds so much to the texture. The inside was soft and slightly chewy and they had a really nice crisp crust. I skipped the 2 hour refrigeration and let it rise twice before forming into rolls. It only takes about 30 minutes for each rise. I disolved the yeast in the water for about 10 minutes then used my KA for the rest. I used maybe 6 1/2 to 7 cups of flour and substituted the sugar with splenda and the canola oil with safflower oil with great results. I kneaded the dough via KA for about 10 minutes total. The dough was sticky, but I find that works best for me. I also made the rolls larger than the recipe called for so DH can use them for sandwiches during the week. Thanks ellie for a great new dinner roll recipe.UPDATE - When I made these last week I put some in the freezer and took them out tonight for dinner. I defrosted them on the counter then wrapped them in aluminum foil and baked at 300 degrees for about 15 minutes. They truned out great.
These were very yummy, but a little flat. I really enjoyed them and will make them again. Thanks!!