I don't cook in my microwave very often, but here's a good recipe for making tasty mushrooms for the buffet table or dinner party. Sometimes shortcuts really are helpful! :)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper (roasted or fresh, whatever you prefer)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 lb whole fresh mushrooms, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- Combine wine, vinegar, sugar, garlic, green onion, red pepper and red pepper flakes in 8 cup microwaveable casserole.
- Cover; microwave on high for 3 minutes or until mixture is simmering.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cover; microwave at high 6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender but not mushy.
- Stir partway through cooking.
- Stir in salt, oregano and pepper.
- Let stand, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to covered jar or container.
- Refrigerate up to 1 week.
- Note: how long to microwave ingredients can depend on the wattage of your machine. Lower powered machines might take a couple of minutes longer, higher will take about what is specified above.