1/3 Photos of Easy Dinner Party Marinated Mushrooms
I don't cook in my microwave very often, but here's a good recipe for making tasty mushrooms for the buffet table or dinner party. Sometimes shortcuts really are helpful! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper (roasted or fresh, whatever you prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 lb whole fresh mushrooms, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves or 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1Combine wine, vinegar, sugar, garlic, green onion, red pepper and red pepper flakes in 8 cup microwaveable casserole.
- 2Cover; microwave on high for 3 minutes or until mixture is simmering.
- 3Add mushrooms.
- 4Cover; microwave at high 6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender but not mushy.
- 5Stir partway through cooking.
- 6Stir in salt, oregano and pepper.
- 7Let stand, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 8Transfer to covered jar or container.
- 9Refrigerate up to 1 week.
- 10Note: how long to microwave ingredients can depend on the wattage of your machine. Lower powered machines might take a couple of minutes longer, higher will take about what is specified above.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Dinner Party Marinated Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 151.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar