Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe from momswhothink.com sounds yummy. I am posting it here for safe keeping.
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups pizza sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (11 ounce) can French bread dough, refrigerated
- 4 (1 ounce) mozzarella cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat until ground beef is no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in 1 cup of the pizza sauce and the Italian seasoning.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Unroll the French bread loaf onto a lightly floured surface. With a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough into a 16" square.
- Cut into 4 squares. Transfer dough squares to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Spoon ground beef mixture evenly into center of each square.
- Top each square with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Fold dough over mixture to form a triangle, pressing edges to seal. Coat triangles with cooking spray and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 12 to 15 minutes or until browned. Serve with remaining warmed pizza sauce as topping or for dipping and a tossed salad. Makes 4 servings.