Recipe by Allfromom
This is a recipe that I've adapted from other biscuit recipes and find it quick easy and not too heavy. Great with all kinds of dinners.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄3 cup sharp cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 2 finely sliced green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Sift into mixing bowl flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Add shortening and cut in with butter knives and then hands.
- Make a nest in the flour mix and add milk mix/knead until thoroughly mixed.
- Add milk, if needed, to form, and mix.
- Turn onto lightly floured board, and knead gently 6 to 8 times.
- Role dough to two inch diameter.
- Cut into biscuits.
- Place on baking sheet and brown in oven 10-12 minutes.