Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in an old cookbook I picked up at a Second Hand Store.
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Bring 1/2 cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan, over high heat. Add beans and onion, cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 8 minutes.
- Stir corn into bean mixture, cover, simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain bean mixture, discard liquid.
- Place bean mixture in serving bowl, stir in salt, sugar and dill weed until well blended.
A healthy Succotash yahoo. Never would have thought to put dill and Lima beans together, so glad you did as they really work well together. If you like Lima beans and dill this is a must try it is very tasty and very low if fat for those of us that have to watch that kinda of thing. Thanks for the post.