Good recipe for home gardeners. No more waiting until you have enough cucumbers to do a huge recipe! Follow amounts listed to be added to each jar. This way you can make just one jar or many jars easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash cucumbers well and cut off blossom end by about 1/4 inch. This is where the enzymes that make pickles too soft mainly is so trimming them will help the pickles stay crispy. If you cant tell which end is the blossom end its the lighter colored end.
- 2Prepare the cucumbers as you wish by leaving small ones whole for baby dills, cutting them in half length wise then each half in thirds or fourths length wise to make spears, slicing rounds for hamburger chips or chopping finely for dill relish.
- 3Start the jars by putting the leaf in the bottom first then the spices. Next add the prepared cucumbers to the neck of the jars. Add the vinegar then enough HOT water to 1/4" from the top.
- 4Wipe the top rim of the jar(s) clean and place a sterilized NEW lid on each jar. Screw the ring band on and tighten.
- 5Place in water bath canner or stock pot with hot water in it. Make sure water level is at least one inch over the tallest jar. Bring canner to a boil. Process exactly 10 minutes. Count processing time from the time the water canner STARTS to come to a full rolling boil, not the time the jars are placed in the canner.
- 6Remove jars when time has been reached and cool on a towel on the counter. If they seal they are good for one year, if they don't put them in the fridge and use those ones first. They are good right away but are even better when they have been in the brine for a week. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Dill Pickles, As Little As 1 Jar at a Time!
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 26.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3606.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g