1/2 Photos of Easy Dill Pickles
12 hrs 30 mins
When canning any vegetable it is highly recommended that you hot water bath them. Pickles should be boiled in the jars for ten full minutes. If you add more water to the pot, wait until boil starts again to resume timing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the cucumbers and remove any stems.
- 2Cover with cold water and refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
- 3Pack the cucumbers into pint jars as tightly as possible.
- 4Poke in 2 springs of dill.
- 5Bring the cider vinegar, water, salt and garlic cloves (12 to 16 cloves depending on your taste) to a boil.
- 6Boil for 2 minutes.
- 7Fish out the garlic cloves with a slotted spoon and put one in each jar (or to taste) while the brine cools slightly.
- 8Pour the hot brine into the jars and seal.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Dill Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (1466 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.7
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9464.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 7.8 g