Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
When canning any vegetable it is highly recommended that you hot water bath them. Pickles should be boiled in the jars for ten full minutes. If you add more water to the pot, wait until boil starts again to resume timing.
- Wash the cucumbers and remove any stems.
- Cover with cold water and refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
- Pack the cucumbers into pint jars as tightly as possible.
- Poke in 2 springs of dill.
- Bring the cider vinegar, water, salt and garlic cloves (12 to 16 cloves depending on your taste) to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Fish out the garlic cloves with a slotted spoon and put one in each jar (or to taste) while the brine cools slightly.
- Pour the hot brine into the jars and seal.
Great recipe. Made 8 jars. lol thank you.
Easy to do and wonderful tasting!!!
I made this recipe last summer and they turned out great! Everyone loved them and it was really easy to make them. I also found it to make the job easier, use a medium to large cooler to soak and wash the cucumbers in. I then drained the cooler and rinsed until the water was clean, adding ice cubes to chill the cucumbers in over night. You can chill alot of cucumbers at one time without taking up refrigerator space.