Recipe by kimbearly
When canning any vegetable it is highly recommended that you hot water bath them. Pickles should be boiled in the jars for ten full minutes. If you add more water to the pot, wait until boil starts again to resume timing.
- 4 dozen pickling cucumbers (Pickling cucumbers are cucumbers that are not less than 3-inches long and not more than 4-inches)
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 quart cider vinegar
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup pickling salt
- 1 garlic clove, Peeled
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the cucumbers and remove any stems.
- Cover with cold water and refrigerate overnight or for several hours.
- Pack the cucumbers into pint jars as tightly as possible.
- Poke in 2 springs of dill.
- Bring the cider vinegar, water, salt and garlic cloves (12 to 16 cloves depending on your taste) to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Fish out the garlic cloves with a slotted spoon and put one in each jar (or to taste) while the brine cools slightly.
- Pour the hot brine into the jars and seal.