2 hrs 30 mins
Mary Leverington's Note:
I like this recipe, not only because the pickles are delicious, because the ingredient amounts are accurate and you don't end up with a lot of leftover cucumbers or brine. Also, I always found it difficult to buy 2 quarts of cucumbers. They're sold by the pound--you get the picture. Don't overpack the cumcumbers in the jars. You want to leave room for the brine to circulate. I put the red peppers on the outside so that you can see them. Very festive. They're a little "piquant" but what is life for anyway.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scrub the cucumbers well and soak in cold water overnight or for several (4-5) hours.
- 2Slice cucumbers lengthwise into quarters.
- 3Sterilize 9 quart jars, rings, and caps.
- 4Bring water, vinegar, and salt to a boil.
- 5Boil 10 minutes.
- 6Pack cucumbers into jars within 1/2" of top.
- 7Place 2 cloves of garlic, 1 dill head, and 2 red peppers into each jar.
- 8Cover with boiling brine and seal.
- 9Process for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Dill Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (9605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.8
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12601.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: