Recipe by Wheres_the_Beef?
Delicious devils food muffin filled with chocolate chips. These are very easy to make and use cooking oil and yogurt instead of butter. These chocolate muffins are very moist and rich. There is no need to use an electric mixer. A whisk or wooden spoon is all you need to mix this recipe. If you like a less sweet muffin, decrease the granulated sugar to 1/2 or 1/3 cup.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-F.
- Line a standard muffin tin with a dozen, 2-1/2 inch, cup-cake paper baking cups.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix dry ingredients well with whisk or wooden spoon.
- In another mixing bowl add the milk, yogurt, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well with whisk or wooden spoon until blended.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients along with 1/2 of the chocolate chips.
- Stir until dry ingredients are just moistened. Careful not to over mix.
- Pour batter into 12 muffin cups. Fill each almost to the top.
- Sprinkle the other half of the chocolate chips evenly into the filled muffin cups.
- Bake at 350-F for 20 to 25-minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of muffin.
- Cool before serving.
- Makes 12 (2-1/2inch) muffins.