1/2 Photos of Easy Devil's Food Chocolate Cookies (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 3 dozen cookies. ***Edited to add: I added cherry chips to this jar mix for a variation (tastes like a Choc. Covered Cherry cookie) - they were awesome***
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1Creating the Gift in a Jar:.
- 2Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- 3Place the cake mix in the jar.
- 4Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- 5EASY DEVIL'S FOOD CHOCOLATE COOKIES GIFT TAG:.
- 6Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 1 (8 oz) container sour cream.
- 7COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS:.
- 8Preheat oven to 350.
- 9Place the contents of the jar in a large bowl.
- 10Add the sour cream, using an electric mixer on low speed, combine until well mixed.
- 11Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- 12Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are light brown in color.
- 13Allow to cool for 1 minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
- 14Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Devil's Food Chocolate Cookies (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.4
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.8 mg
- Sodium 244.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g