Shannon Phaeton's Note:
I make these a lot for parties and everyone always makes comments on how I make the best deviled eggs. The kids even love to eat them. This is from a 1982 Southern Living cookbook that I have.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For hard cooked eggs: Put a small pinhole in one end of each egg.
- 2Place eggs in a pot of water.
- 3Bring water to a boil.
- 4When it boils, turn down to simmer.
- 5Simmer 20 minutes.
- 6When eggs are done, place immediately in a bowl of ice cubes and water (to keep yolks from turning green).
- 7Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks.
- 8Mash yolks with mayonnaise (I use a fork).
- 9Add remaining ingredients except paprika.
- 10Mix well with hand mixer until nice and smooth.
- 11Stuff egg whites with yolk mixture.
- 12Garnish eggs with paprika.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Deviled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.8
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 214.5 mg
- Sodium 233.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: