Recipe by kbarbon
I love deviled eggs, but don't always have time to make them. I make these up ahead of time and pop them in the freezer for a quick and nutritious breakfast to go. You can add more or less spread to suit your taste.
Top Review by mydesigirl
Great breakfast! I love deviled eggs too and this is a good alternative when that craving hits. I skipped the pickle juice and added pickle slices so it would give the sandwich a bit of crunch. I used toasted "everything" bagel bread and served it with tomato and strawberry slices. Very fast to put together on a morning that you just don't feel like cooking. Thanks so much for posting!
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 whole wheat English muffins or 4 hamburger buns
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use fat free)
- 4 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon pickle juice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- While toasting bread, mix together mayo, mustard and pickle juice.
- Peel and cut each egg into 3 or 4 thick slices.
- Arrange egg slices on bottom piece of toasted bread and spread mayo mixture on top half.
- Put together and either enjoy immediately or freeze individually in freezer bags.