Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe takes canned baked beans and kicks up the flavor without a lot of work. Much nicer than just warming up a can and a lot easier than cooking beans from scratch. From My Vegan Cookbook.
- 4.92 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml vegan butter
- 59.14 ml finely chopped sweet green pepper
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml prepared mustard
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml brown sugar or 4.92 ml agave nectar
- 2.46 ml liquid smoke
- 2 (1587.57 g) canbush's vegetarian baked beans
- 1Preheat oven to 400*F.
- In a deep saucepan, simmer olive oil, vegan butter, green pepper, onion on medium heat ,stirring occasionally, until onions and peppers become softer, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, mustard, onion and garlic powder, molasses, soy sauce, brown sugar, liquid smoke and canned baked beans.
- Mix together and pour into a 2qt. glass baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake for about 45 minutes. Enjoy!