Surprisingly, this is a pretty low-cal side dish! I made this last night when I just didn't know what to eat! I knew I felt "cheesy", and there was loads of corn at home, but I didn't feel up to an elaborate recipe, so I put this together and topped this dish over pita bread for a great dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dump the first 5 ingredients (corn to oregano) in a medium saucepan, stir well, and saute on a high flame for about 5 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed or evaporated.
- 2Now reduce the flame to low and add the cheese spread, and swirl it around with the sauteed corn with a wooden spoon until melted and well mixed.
- 3Serve hot, on bread, or over mashed potatoes, or with just about anything else!
- 4It's so yummy, you eat it straight.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy, Deliciously Cheesy Sauteed Corn, Mexican Style
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.1
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 486.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g