Recipe by Anu
Surprisingly, this is a pretty low-cal side dish! I made this last night when I just didn't know what to eat! I knew I felt "cheesy", and there was loads of corn at home, but I didn't feel up to an elaborate recipe, so I put this together and topped this dish over pita bread for a great dinner!
Top Review by dragonpawz
My first attempt at Mexican food was a huge hit! Made recipe #98604 Chicken Enchiladas and found your recipe. I used 2 ears of fresh corn on the cob followed your recipe but since I did not have Laughing Cow in the house I used shredded Mexican cheese and it was so yummy!! My husband does not like corn, he loved this!
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels or 1⁄2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 -2 tablespoon salsa (use your favourite)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 17 1⁄2 g plain cheese spread (I use one "triangle" of Laughing Cow Cheese Spread)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump the first 5 ingredients (corn to oregano) in a medium saucepan, stir well, and saute on a high flame for about 5 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed or evaporated.
- Now reduce the flame to low and add the cheese spread, and swirl it around with the sauteed corn with a wooden spoon until melted and well mixed.
- Serve hot, on bread, or over mashed potatoes, or with just about anything else!
- It's so yummy, you eat it straight.