Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Surprisingly, this is a pretty low-cal side dish! I made this last night when I just didn't know what to eat! I knew I felt "cheesy", and there was loads of corn at home, but I didn't feel up to an elaborate recipe, so I put this together and topped this dish over pita bread for a great dinner!
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn kernels or 1⁄2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 -2 tablespoon salsa (use your favourite)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 17 1⁄2 g plain cheese spread (I use one "triangle" of Laughing Cow Cheese Spread)
- Dump the first 5 ingredients (corn to oregano) in a medium saucepan, stir well, and saute on a high flame for about 5 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed or evaporated.
- Now reduce the flame to low and add the cheese spread, and swirl it around with the sauteed corn with a wooden spoon until melted and well mixed.
- Serve hot, on bread, or over mashed potatoes, or with just about anything else!
- It's so yummy, you eat it straight.
My first attempt at Mexican food was a huge hit! Made Chicken Enchiladas Chicken Enchiladas and found your recipe. I used 2 ears of fresh corn on the cob followed your recipe but since I did not have Laughing Cow in the house I used shredded Mexican cheese and it was so yummy!! My husband does not like corn, he loved this!
I read the reviews before making so I used a 15 ounce can of corn (I'm not a fan of frozen corn) which was over a cup of corn. I kept the other ingredients the same. I used 2 tablespoons of picanta instead of salsa and topped with a mexican blend of cheese. We all enjoyed this and it was the perfect amount of corn and seasoning for us. Made with Low Carb Mexi Baked Chicken. Nice easy side dish.
This is delish! I doubled it and served it with Beef and Bean Burritos. It didn't quite make enough for our liking was the only problem. I used low fat laughing cow. I think next time I'll up the corn but leave the rest the same. This was a great easy Mexian style side dish.