Recipe by CarenG10
I adapted this recipe from one that I found here at RZ making it much simpler and with fewer ingredients. You can use 94% fat free ground turkey and the burgers will still be moist.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup very finely grated carrot (the carrot juice is key to making juicy burgers so don't drain it away or leave it in the processor.)
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped onions
- salt & pepper
- couple of dashes paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together making sure the mixture is well blended. Form into patties and refrigerate a few hours so the meat absorbs the flavor and juices from the carrots and onions. Grill inside or out!
- I use a food processor for the carrots & onions. I add salt and pepper by experience not with exact measurement.
- I think this would also make a great meatloaf but I haven't tried it yet.