Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
The simplest part about preparing for any dinner party! Whenever I take it to a barbecue or potluck it disappears in a flash. Plus it keeps well in the fridge and is totally addictive. Can be served on crackers, as a spread, or in a small bowl as a side-dish. (Cooking time is for boiling eggs.)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped roughly
- 1 (185 g) cansandwich tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped finely (optional)
- 2 tablespoons egg mayonnaise (sometimes sold as 'real mayonnaise')
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 sprig parsley, to garnish
- Using a fork, squash the egg thoroughly until uniform in texture and colour.
- Add sandwich tuna.
- If using tuna in water, add olive oil; if using tuna in oil, leave it out.
- It's possible to use chunk tuna instead, you just have to put more effort into squashing it well.
- Add the chopped onion, mix and squash a bit with the fork-- I find this releases the juice from the onion and adds flavour without giving it that'onion-y' taste.
- Add mayonnaise and mix well.
- Serve in a small bowl and garnish with parsley as desired.
- Also works well on crackers or as a spread.
- Keeps in the refrigerator for at least a week-- I haven't tried longer than this because it always gets eaten!
I love, love, love this!! I'm always losing my copy of the recipe, but thankfully it's easy enough to find :)
I like to make it by roughly chopping eggs etc then giving it a blitz in the food processor until it's a delicious, creamy spread. I also add parsley sometimes too. Fantastic with vegie sticks!
This recipe is yummy. I used 6 tbsps. of mayonnaise and tuna chunks in oil. I'm gonna try this with celery next time.
My family loves this - I grew up on it. 1 can tuna, 2 eggs, I never measured the mayo, and probably a bit less onion and no oo. Yes - the eggs really do make a difference - a yummy one, in my personal opinion. My favorite is after it sits in the fridge for a day - the onion Totally changes the flavor of the tuna, and I LOVE it! Only other comment is that this would probably serve max 4 in my family.