Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had a half of a cup of finely chopped green olives (that I'd did for tapenade and never finished...), and I wanted to use them up. This is what I made and it was pretty tasty!
- 6 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 ripe tomatoes
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh ground pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the tilapia in a glass baking dish, not overlapping. Sprinkle with a little (or a lot) of freshly ground pepper. Pour the wine around the edges of the fish.
- Sprinkle the shallots over the fish.
- De-seed and chop the tomatoes, and combine with the olives and the cheese. Sprinkle the mixture over the fish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the fish is flaky.
This was great! I didn't have a fresh tomato, so I opened a can of diced and drained them and used about 1/3 - 1/2 cup. My green olives had been marinating in garlic and olive oil, so I'm thinking if I used green olives right out of the jar, I'd probably add some minced garlic, because the flavors were terrific together.