Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is so easy but it is really good. I am listing the recipe how I make it, but you can substitute any frozen taquitos that you want. It is a fast way to make a great meal!
- 1 (30 ounce) packageel monterey shredded steak and cheese taquitos, with flour tortillas (or any kind of taquitos, chicken, with corn tortllas, beef.....)
- 1 (20 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cheese (shredded Mexican Blend)
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place taquitos in a 9x13 pan in a single layer. You won't use the entire box of taquitos. I usually get about 18 in the pan.
- Pour enchilada sauce over taquitos.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over the top of the taquitos and sauce.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with the toppings of your choice.
You can't beat this for an easy rating! I used chicken taquitos with corn tortillas and they came out a bit mushy. But the flavor was still good and everyone ate it without complaints. I think next time I will try taquitos with flour tortillas to see if they hold up better. Still a great recipe!
Very good and very easy to make. I used a spicy beef taquito and it turned out fantastic. I think baking in the oven added a semi-homemade taste that I would totally pass off as homemade. Love the thick baked enchilada sauce bits. Thanks for a time-saving affordable recipe.
this was very good and very easy to make. we enjoyed it a lot and will make it again. i used chicken taquitos and low fat shredded mexican blend cheese. thanks for the recipe.