Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I have made this Roast Beef for many years. It always turns out good, moist and delicious.
- Put Roast Beef into Slow Cooker.
- Cover with Soup Mix.
- Sprinkle with the Black Pepper.
- Top with the three Bay Leaves.
- Cook on Med-Low in a Slow Cooker for 8-9 hours-- OR 3-4 hours on High.
- OPTION: Add Carrots, Onions, and Potatoes the last couple of hours if on Med-Low or the last hour if on high-- NOTE**add the veggies in the order given since the Carrots take longer to cook and the potatoes the least time.
- Make gravy from drippings.
i made this recipie for mt family. i just got my slow cooker and havent used it much. this was putstanding. my picky kids ate it all up. i would definitly make this again.! it was defenitly a winner!
I've read this recipe over and over and wonder where I went wrong. I used a 3.5 lb. chuck roast, followed the directions exactly and then cooked for 8 hours on low. While the flavor was great, the meat was dry. Plus there were barely enough drippings to make any gravy. I'd like to try this again, maybe adding a bit of water or beef stock. I'll be sure to post a new review when I try this, but thought I'd mention to others that some may want to try adding a bit of liquid to keep the roast moist. This dish is super easy to prepare and I'm hoping additional liquid will make the difference for me. Thanks for posting this recipe.
This is really good! I didn't use the slow cooker tho as I got a late start to the day, but baked in the oven at 350* for a few hours instead. Using the mushroom/onion soup mix, I added about a half to 3/4 cup of water to the roasting pan before putting in the oven and it cooked up beautifully. The drippings made an excellent gravy, which I thickened up with just a bit of cornstarch and water. The meat was fork tender and delicious. Thanks for posting, next time I'll try the slow cooker! :)