Recipe by Natalia 3
This is a welcome alternative to salmon with lemon or butter and herbs. I myself am not a huge fan of mayonnaise, but in this recipe it is perfect. The recipe is fantastic with either Shallots or Onion slices. I like to use a good mayo like Smart Balance.
Top Review by NurseJaney
Salmon is my absolutely favorite fish, and lucky enough to have a piece of wild Alaskan salmon, I tried this. Not bad. I prepared exactly as directed by the recipe. Wish I had stuck to butter, dill, and lemon. If you like a touch of sweetness in your fish, this may work for you. Thanks for offering an alternative, Natalia 3. Janey
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 shallots (halfed from top to bottom and very thinly sliced) or 1⁄4 a medium onion (halfed from top to bottom and very thinly sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with vegetable oil.
- Place salmon fillets skin side down into baking dish.
- Top with mayonnaise and spread over the fish.
- Top with onion or shallot.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes for small fillets (larger fillets will require additional time).